Thursday, January 28, 2010

infertility

Let me preface this post with the fact that I am going to attempt to keep this from becoming a novel, but it is very hard to sum up 2 years in one paragraph. But here goes. I have several friend on my heart today that I'm burdened for as they are struggling with infertility. Having been there myself I know there really aren't any words that bring comfort or peace, just prayers. So this is what I'm praying for them today. (You know who you all are.)
(1) That God would show you today, in lots of small ways, how well he knows you, how much he loves you, and that he hears you. (Ps. 33:13-15)
(2) That your view of who God is would not be shaken by your emotions or feelings, but grounded in scripture. That you would remember he is GOOD. (Ps. 33:11; 27:13-14)
(3) That no matter what Dr. you see, drug you use, or procedure you undergo, you would remember that the Lord ALONE is the creator of life. We will be disappointed if our hope is any person or thing other than Him. (Ps. 139:13)

These are just a few things that friends prayed for me that were a constant struggle during that time but kept bringing me back to my knees. Being on the other end now, can offer a few words of encouragement? He hears your prayers. He wants you to be honest in those prayers. It took me the first year to actually be able to express to anyone other than Adam, especially the Lord, the bitterness and frustration I was feeling. And once I did, he started to change it. I so badly wanted to be content and strong...and the more I admitted I wasn't, the more He helped me to become those things. If you're waiting for healing, do not give up. Grace's life is testimony to this. When we come before His throne humbled and broken and ask for His healing on our bodies, He is willing and able! ....He very well may lead us to a Dr. or toward a procedure to help us along the way, but it all starts with His hand.

I love you all. I look forward to hearing the stories of all of your "faith babies"! (Thank you Heather K.)
Psalm 30:2 "O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me" vs.11-12 "You turned my wailing into dancing. You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O Lord my god, I will give you thanks forever."

1 comment:

  1. Just hopped on here to check on you and your "faith baby!" What a cutie! I love hearing your heart on this and am thankful we could share some of our infertility journey together. Looking back, I can see so much of what God was doing and had planned and I wish I hadn't been so "stiff-necked" like the Israelites- ha! So thankful He loves us so much and that He has great plans for us!

    ReplyDelete